1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
1 lb (454 g) lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cups (750 mL) sweet potato, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp (15 mL) cumin
1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
2 cups (500 mL) Chicken Broth
1 can Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in a large heavy bottom saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and brown the meat.
2. Add the onions and sweet potato. Sauté for 2 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the garlic, cumin and chili powder and cook for one minute. Pour the mixture into slow cooker.
4. Add the kidney beans, diced tomato, broth and the soup to the slow cooker. Mix well and let cook for 4 hours on high.
5. Add the cilantro and season to taste. Mix well and Serve.