Lambton OPP are investigating after a home in Warwick Township was ransacked, and a long list of items were stolen.
OPP officials say on September 11 officers attended the 6000 Block of Churchill Line in Warwick Township to investigate a break, enter and theft.
Police say investigation revealed that the home owner had left his residence for a few hours and upon his return, noticed that his home and garage had been forcibly entered, ransacked and various items had been stolen.
The unknown suspects had stolen the following:
– Savage 30 calibre rifle
– 20-gauge semi-auto shotgun
– 20-gauge single shot antique shot gun
– Double-barrel 12-gauge shotgun- side by side
– Coey 22 calibre semi-automatic rifle
– .410 double-barrel- side by side “El Faison” shotgun
– MK 1.25 rifle
– 90 lb draw crossbow- camo in colour
– 60 lb draw crossbow- camo in colour
– Men’s Guess watch, with blue rubber band and a bulky face
– Men’s Polo watch, with oversized gunmetal gray steel band
– 10-carat yellow gold men’s ring, with black onyx stone
– Miscellaneous necklaces and bracelets
– Woman’s Polo watch, rose gold, with large links, with a large link band
– Light brown wood nightstand containing a collection of approximately 50 knives in the bottom drawer (folding knives, hunting knives, machetes)
– Camo-coloured hunting coat and coveralls, reversible to a hunter orange colour
– 2 cases of Busch beer cans (24)
– Air compressor – 8 gallon tank
The OPP Criminal Investigation Bureau, OPP Identification Bureau and the OPP Street Crimes Unit have been engaged.
“The majority of these long guns had been partially disassembled,” OPP officials stated.
“The suspects did steal guns that were missing significant functional pieces. It is possible that the suspects may attempt to sell and or trade non-functioning firearms.”
Upon speaking with witnesses in the area, OPP officials say investigators have identified a possible suspect vehicle.
The OPP are asking for the public’s help in identifying a pick-up truck that was seen in the area of the 6000 Block of Churchill Line, Warwick Township during the afternoon hours of September 11, 2017.
The pick-up is described as a 2002-2006 Chevrolet, extended cab, black tool box in the bed of the truck, black fender flares and black rims with a loud muffler and have had a suspension ‘lift kit’.
The OPP is seeking assistance in identifying the suspect and suspect vehicle.
If anyone has information with regard to this incident they are asked to call the OPP at 519-882-1011 or Sarnia- Lambton Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.