1-1.5 lbs of flank steak (ask butcher to run it through tenderizer)
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tbsp. hot sauce (I use Valentina or cholula)
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Season both sides of flank steak generously with salt and pepper, and 1/4 tsp. of cumin.
2. Place seasoned flank steak in a large zip lock bag and combine with the olive oil, minced garlic, cilantro, lime juice, hot sauce, and apple cider vinegar.
3. Shake bag well so that all ingredients are well blended and evenly coated. Seal zip lock and refrigerate for 3-5 hours, or up to 2 days. The longer the better.
4. Grilled to desired doneness over medium-high heat (we did ours about 5 minutes per side but yours will vary depending on the size and thickness of your steak and how you like yours cooked!)
5. Slice the flank steak very thinly and serve on a corn with your toppings of choice! Our serving suggestions are below!