Tartan swimmers compete in Irish Invitational
The WDSS swim team got off to a solid start for their season on Thursday.
The team’s coaches say all put in a great effort to set their time to beat for the rest of the year.
A total of 93 swimmers were in attendance from St. Pat’s, Sarnia Northern, GLSS, LCCVI, ESPC and WDSS.
The following swimmers clocked SWOSSAA qualifying times:
– Megan Maxim in Sr. girl’s 50 metre fly
– Tallie Laprise and Emily Tapp in Sr. girl’s 100 metre IM
– Emily Tapp, Chelsey Johnson and Tallie Laprise in Sr. girls 50 metre freestyle
– Sr. Girls Free Relay and Sr. girls Medley Relay – Emily Tapp, Alyssa Wadsworth, Megan Maxim and Tallie
First Place Finishes:
– Chelsey Johnson in Sr. girls 50 metre backstroke and 50 metre freestyle
– Tallie Laprise in Sr. girls 100m IM
– Sr. girl’s medley relay
Second place finishes:
– Sr. girls Free Relay
– Megan Maxim – Sr. girls 50 metre fly
– Emily Tapp – Sr. girls 100 metre IM
Third place finishes:
– Emily Tapp – Sr. girls 50 metre backstroke
– Alyssa Wadsworth – Sr. girls 50 metre breaststroke
– Tallie Laprise – Sr. girls 50 metre freestyle
Fourth place finishes:
– Zoe Broadbent – Jr. girls 50 metre backstroke
– Emily Tapp – Sr. girls 50 metre freestyle
Fifth place finishes:
– Liam Hurst – Jr. boys 50 metre backstroke
Early registration for Wallaceburg Minor Baseball
Early registration is being held by the Wallaceburg Minor Baseball Association on Saturday, December 9.
It will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Wallaceburg Memorial Arena.
There is a total of $40 in early registration savings.
Also, all people registered by January 31, 2018 will be entered into a draw to win their registration fee back.
Lakers lose twice, holding food drive
The Wallaceburg Lakers lost twice over the weekend in Junior ‘C’ hockey action.
The Lakers fell to Blenheim on Saturday by a score of 4-1. Evan Brown scored the lone Wallaceburg goal.
The Lakers then fell to Amherstburg by a score of 8-1 on Sunday. Tyler McLean scored the lone Wallaceburg goal.
Wallaceburg is now 2-19-0-0 on the season, last in the West Stobbs Division of the Provincial Junior Hockey League.
The Lakers are hosting Essex on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.
The team will also be hosting Captains Stephen and Karen Holland of the Chatham-Kent Salvation Army to help launch their Wallaceburg Christmas Fundraising Campaign.
If people bring a canned good to the game, they will receive $1 off admission.
The Christmas Kettle will be on location to accept cash donations.
Kings fall to Lakeshore
The Dresden Kings came up short on the road against the Lakeshore Canadiens on Friday, losing 4-3.
Nolan VandenBoorn, Brendan Ritchie and Kevin Ritzer scored for the Kings, while Brendan Johnston made 36 saves in the loss.
Dresden is now 14-7-1-1 on the season, third in the West Stobbs Division of the Provincial Junior Hockey League.
They’ll be back in action on Friday, this tiem hosting the Canadiens in Dresden.
Puck drops at 7:30 p.m.