A Chatham man faces charges after a grow-op was busted on John Street.
Chatham-Kent Police Service officials say on the morning of Thursday, December 7, members of the Chatham-Kent Police Service Intelligence Section, assisted by the Critical Incident Response Team, executed the warrant at a John Street address in Chatham.
Police say upon entry into the residence, the homeowner was not present.
Police allege that a systematic search of the residence resulted in the following items being located and seized:
– 35 Cannabis Marijuana plants in various stages with a street value of $35,000
– Over 5,000 grams of Cannabis Marijuana with a street value of over $76,000
– Cannabis resin valued at approximately $50
At 3:30 p.m. the 35-year-old Chatham man attended the police station to turn himself in, police say.
He was arrested and charged with the following offences:
– Production of a Controlled Substance: CANNABIS MARIHUANA
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking: CANNABIS MARIHUANA
– Possession of a Controlled Substance x 2: CANNABIS RESIN (Shatter and Oil)
He was later released with a court date of December 28, 2017.
– Photo credit: Chatham-Kent Police Service