We’re going to take a look at some upcoming events in the community, which is brought to you by Miha’s Bistro in Dresden, who are holding a sweet contest on their Facebook page. ‘Like’ their page, and ‘Like’, comment and share their contest post for a chance to win ‘Dinner for Two’ at Miha’s.
– The Wallaceburg Red Devils Junior ‘B’ Lacrosse Club is holding their 9th Annual Chili Cook Off on Saturday at the CBD Club in Wallaceburg. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and is a fundraiser for the team.
– The Chatham-Kent Police Service are taking part in a ‘Polar Plunge’ in support of Special Olympics Ontario on Saturday. The event will take place at 10 a.m., directly in front of the St. Clair College HealthPlex – Thames (Chatham) Campus. 100% of the funds will directly benefit the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics.
– Students at Lambton-Kent Composite School are doing a fundraiser to help with their Greece trip in March of 2018. They are selling broasted chicken dinner tickets, which will be held on Sunday, January 21 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Dresden Arena. Tickets are available at McKellar Flowers in Dresden.
– Municipal budget open houses are planned across the community. A public open house is being held on Wednesday, January 24 from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Wallaceburg Municipal Office.
– And finally… First Baptist Church and the Wallaceburg Veterans, First Responders and Families Support Group is co-hosting a round table discussion about PTSD, depression and other mental health issues. It will be held on Jan 27 at 1 p.m. at First Baptist Church.
Visit sydenhamcurrent.ca for more details and events.