A gas leak on Elgin Street in Wallaceburg forced some people to evacuate their homes on Saturday morning, August 11.
“Construction crews working in the area struck a 2” gas main with a backhoe,” Chatham-Kent Fire & Emergency Services officials said in a media release.
“Fire crews evacuated homes in the immediate area of the leak and secured the scene until Union Gas arrived. The leak was isolated and residents were returned to their homes.”
The incident occurred at around 9:21 a.m. in the area of 1308 Elgin Street in Wallaceburg.