Foster’s Meats – Morning Coffee
Weather forecast for Thursday, October 18, 2018
A frost advisory remains ion effect across Chatham-Kent, more details here.
Today – Mainly sunny. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 this afternoon. High 10. UV index 4 or moderate.
Tonight – Clear. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. Low plus 4.
‘Great Big Crunch’ today
Chatham-Kent’s Ontario Student Nutrition Program (OSNP – Southwest) is celebrating “The Great Big Crunch” on Thursday, October 18 at McNaughton Avenue Public School (480 McNaughton Avenue East in Chatham), beginning at 9:30 a.m.
This fun event will bring together students, school staff, and Lambton Kent District School Board officials to take a simultaneous bite into an apple.
The Great Big Crunch celebrates the school’s nutrition program by encouraging students to increase their consumption of nutritious fruits and vegetables.
Students involved in school nutrition programs:
– Are more likely to try new fruits and vegetables and develop good nutrition habits;
– Are less likely to be absent or late for school;
– Are more likely to demonstrate positive behaviours in the classroom;
– Are more likely to perceive their own health as excellent or good; and
– Are able to concentrate better, and retain and apply information more effectively; and achieve better results on their learning skills.
“It is an excellent time to celebrate our apple farmers and the abundance of fruits we have growing in Chatham Kent,” said Allan Davies, the Nutrition Program coordinator, in a media release.
“Chatham-Kent’s “Great Big Crunch” event is not just happening at McNaughton Avenue Public School. In fact, 41 schools in Chatham Kent and 3 workplaces – the Chatham-Kent Health Unit, the Lambton Kent District School Board, and the St Clair Catholic School Board will be participating.”