The United Way of Chatham-Kent (UWOCK) is recruiting passionate, creative and energetic community representatives to join their Board of Directors.
“This is an opportunity to make your mark in Chatham-Kent, positively impacting the 45,000 lives impacted by United Way here each year,” United Way officials say.
“The Board of Directors support United Way in their work to alleviate Chatham-Kent’s most pressing human and social issues. Board members govern and lead United Way through the strategic opportunities and challenges that develop. Interested applicants should be familiar with the mandate of UWOCK, and passionate about United Way’s mission to improve lives and build community in Chatham Kent.”
Applicants should possess the following qualities:
– Willingness to learn about the role of governance
– Willingness to learn about and develop a strong understanding of a director’s role and fiduciary duties and role of the board
– Ability to think strategically, communicate effectively and work as part of a team
– Willingness to devote the time and effort required to be an effective board member including attendance at board orientation, board retreats, board meetings, committee meetings, and organization events
– Familiarity with the analysis of financial and statistical reports is also an asset.
“Nonprofits need board members with a variety of skills to achieve their organization’s goals,” United Way officials say.
“United Way of Chatham-Kent is committed to building a skilled board that is representative of the diversity of Chatham-Kent.”
Other qualifications that may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed include:
– A desire to embrace and encourage youthful influences
– Knowledge of information technology and comfort in the digital world
– Marketing experience
– Strategic planning
– Human resources management
– Geo-demographic characteristics
“We encourage applicants to identify any skills, competencies and/or experiences they feel may enhance their qualifications for a position on our board,” United Way officials say.
“Successful candidates will be provided with experiences that will enhance their abilities within a dynamic board structure. They will gain positive relationships as well as the understanding of government legislation, knowledge of policy making and a unique understanding of the responsibilities of a board of directors.
“Candidate will also have the rewarding experience of knowing they have advanced the work of United Way, influenced community practices and been instrumental in improving the lives of the people of Chatham-Kent.”
Interested applicants must apply and undergo a screening process as well as comply with all of UWOCK’s volunteer
protocols, United Way officials say.
How to apply?
Please apply with your current résumé or CV and at least three references to the attention of Brad Langford,
President, United Way of Chatham-Kent Board of Directors at email@example.com.
Applications will remain confidential.
“While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted,” United Way officials say.