Wallaceburg Retirement Residence – Morning Coffee
Weather forecast for Monday, December 17, 2018
Today – Increasing cloudiness. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High plus 2. UV index 1 or low.
Tonight – Mainly cloudy. Clearing near midnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light late this evening. Low minus 5. Wind chill near minus 9.
Bev Shipley Christmas Open House in Wallaceburg today
Lambton-Kent-Middlesex MP Bev Shipley is meeting in Wallaceburg today, December 17, at the Clubhouse at Baldoon for his annual Christmas Open House.
Here are the details:
Chatham-Kent Council meeting tonight in Chatham
Chatham-Kent Council is set to meet for a combined regular/planning meeting on Monday night, December 17, 2018.
The meeting is set to begin at 6 p.m. at the Chatham-Kent Civic Centre in Chatham.
A link to the full agenda can be seen, here.
Some of the items up for discussion, include:
– A tender award contract for Wallaceburg Memorial Arena renovations.
– A tender award contract for the rehabilitation of the Lord Selkirk Bridge over the Sydenham River in Wallaceburg.
– Other tender award contracts for: Charing Cross Road/Middle Line Traffic Signal Improvements, Middleton Line over Two Creeks, East Branch, Bridge Rehabilitation in Wheatley and Lacroix Street Underpass Concrete Repairs in Chatham.
– Application for a deeming by-law in Tilbury.
– Community Improvement Plans Review for downtown and commercial areas.
– A report on Recreational Cannabis Retail Stores is coming forward. Staff is recommending to allow for the stores to be located within the Municipality of Chatham-Kent.
– A report on citizen appointments to committees of Council & local boards.
– A report on Councillor appointments to committees of Council, local boards & corporations.
– Notices of motions by Chatham Coun. Karen Kirkwood-Whyte (CK Transit Task Force), West Kent Coun. Melissa Harrigan (Summer Camps in Tilbury and Bothwell) and South Kent Coun. Trevor Thompson (Primary Care Practitioner Recruitment and Retention Program).
– Chatham twin pad arena update about public consultation.
– A report on the speed limit on Eighth Line at Bloomfield Road in Raleigh.
– A final report for the 2018 Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling, including a video.
– An update on the Chatham-Kent Workforce Planning Board.
– Plus, several planning application are up for discussion, including recommendations for a zoning by-law amendment and site plan control for a property on Dolsen Road in Chatham, where an affordable housing complex is being proposed.