Schools across the Lambton-Kent District School Board and the St. Clair Catholic District School Board are all closed today, February 12, 2019 due to the weather.
“Based on updated information, the Lambton Kent District School Board is closing all schools and the Chatham and Sarnia Education Centres today (Feb. 12) due to inclement weather and poor road conditions,” LKDSB officials said.
“All St. Clair Catholic district schools are now closed for the day due to weather. kinderSTARt at Holy Trinity Catholic School, Sarnia and St. Anne Catholic School Blenheim, are CANCELLED for today and will be rescheduled. The Catholic Education Centre in Wallaceburg and St. Clair Catholic Maintenance Locations are now CLOSED for today,” SCCDSB officials said.
Student Transportation Services officials said earlier this morning that schools buses would not be running in Zones 1-8.
A freezing rain warning remains in place for Environment Canada.
Here is a list of other cancellations across the community:
— Lambton Kent DSB (@LKDSB) 12 February 2019
– Bkejwanong Kinomaagewgamig on Walpole Island is closed today. School officials say “due to the weather BK is closed to students today. Stay safe if you have to travel. We hope to see you tomorrow.”
– Wallaceburg Christian School is closed for the day. School officials say “buses are cancelled today due to weather and road conditions. WCS is cancelled as well. Enjoy your day.”
— H. W. Burgess PS (@hwburgessps) 12 February 2019
Good Morning! The ferry will NOT be running today.
Please be careful on the roads if you must go out.
— Walpole Algonac Ferry (@walpoleferry) 12 February 2019
Due to this mornings freezing rain in our region all classes are cancelled until 12 noon today.
— St. Clair College (@StClairCollege) 12 February 2019
In addition to all the school buses being cancelled today please note….
Bus service within the city of Chatham that’s provided by InTouch Connection / CK Transit will be cancelled until further notice as well. Operators are hoping to get them back on the road as it warms up.
— Dave Palmer (@CFCODave) 12 February 2019
Rocks and Rings will be postponed to another day due to bus cancellations.
— Zone School (@ZoneTCSchool) 12 February 2019
CLOSURES today: Due to the inclement weather all Day Programs will be closed today.
Also as a reminder, our Administrative office (on Riverview Drive) will also be closed due to a water main break. Stay safe & warm today!
— Community Living CK (@CommLivingCK) 12 February 2019
Program Update: All programs are cancelled today due to weather: Adult Pickleball (Chatham & Tilbury), Adult Volleyball (Wallaceburg), Le Petit Tennis and Mini Tennis, as well as Walking Clubs. @CKXS @943CKSY @Country929 @SydenhamCurrent
— CKRecreation (@CKRec) 12 February 2019
Due to the ice storm, North Kent Mutual Insurance is closed for the day. Be safe.
— North Kent Mutual (@NKMInsurance) 12 February 2019
Due to the weather, some of our centres are temporarily closed. For information on our services and centre locations visit: https://t.co/Ws2ZCe7FVy
Apologies for any inconvenience.
— ServiceOntario (@ServiceOntario) 12 February 2019
– Wallaceburg Adult Activity Centre: CHOIR CANCELLED FOR TODAY, IN-HOUSE BINGO CANCELLED FOR TODAY. STAY IN STAY SAFE! CHAIR YOGA 1:30-2:30 CANCELLED UKULELE 6PM-7PM CANCELLED
– Municipality of Chatham-Kent: Due to the ice storm, garbage and recycling pickup is being suspended for today. The contractors will resume pick up tomorrow. All pick up will be delayed by one day with the final pick up of the week being held on Saturday. Anyone with questions is asked to call 519-360-1998 during office hours.
– The Wallaceburg Veterans, First Responders and Families Support Group meeting tonight is cancelled.
– The February 12, 2019 Board Meeting of the Lambton Kent District School Board is cancelled due to the forecast of inclement weather continuing throughout the day, which is expected to cause poor road conditions. Please check the LKDSB website for information regarding the next regularly scheduled Board Meeting. The complete list of LKDSB Board Meeting dates, as well documentation from previous meetings, are available on the LKDSB website: https://www.lkdsb.net/Board/BoardMeetings/Pages/default.aspx.
– Due to the ice storm, tonight’s engagement session regarding the Municipality of Chatham-Kent’s Continuous Improvement and “Red Tape” Reduction Project has been cancelled. The session, hosted by Community Development, has been re-scheduled for tomorrow night February 13, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. It will be located in the Council Chambers on the 2nd floor at the Chatham-Kent Civic Centre at 315 King Street West in Chatham. More details, here.
– Skating tonight Tuesday, February 12th is cancelled for the Wallaceburg Skating Club! See everyone Thursday for our inter club challenge and pasta dinner.
– Chatham Leaf and Yard Depot closed today. Due to today’s ice storm, the Chatham Leaf and Yard Depot on Creek Road is closed. The site will reopen Thursday from noon to 5 p.m.
– Studio Space at Wallaceburg Wellness Centre: “It’s still sloppy out there folks. CLASSES in the Studio Space are CANCELLED tonight, Feb 12. Stay safe!”
– Pool update: Blenheim pool will open today at 5:00pm for the Blast Swim Team and Masters Swim at 7:00pm. Wallaceburg pool will be open for Adult Open Swim at 6:00pm.