Municipality of Chatham-Kent Jobs
The Municipality has a number of positions available of their own, including:
– Locator/Systems Operator for Chatham-Kent Public Utilities Comission
– Data Entry Clerk for Chatham Kent Police Service
– GIS Technician
– Manager, Health, Safety & Wellness
– Return to Work Specialist
– Financial Clerk for Chatham Kent Police Service
– Temp Admin Pool
– Museum Ambassador
– Program Manager for Community Human Services
– Web Developer
– Aquatic Lifeguard Instructor Student
– Camp Leaders
– Camp Team Leaders
– Casual Library Assistant 2
– Dietary Aide at Riverview Gardens Long Term Care Home
– Cook at Riverview Gardens Long Term Care Home
– Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) at Riverview Gardens Long Term Care Home
– Registered Nurse (RN) at Riverview Gardens Long Term Care Home
– Personal Support Worker (PSW) at Riverview Gardens Long Term Care Home
– Aquatic Lifeguard
For details on each of these opportunities, visit the Municipal Job Board, here.
2019 Summer Company
Chatham-Kent Small Business Centre is announcing the official launch of the 2019 Summer Company program.
Students between the ages of 15 and 29 years old can apply to the program to start their own business and become their own boss for the summer.
All that’s required is a business idea, commitment, and hard work.
In return, students receive hands-on business training from successful business leaders, and financial support with awards of up to $3,000 to assist with start-up costs and working capital over the course of the summer.
There are a limited number of spaces available and spots do fill up quickly, so students are reminded to register as soon as possible.
“I’ve worked closely with the program over the past several years and it is always amazing to me to see the breadth and depth of business ideas that the students bring forward,” said Rosemarie Montgomery, Economic Development Officer with Economic Development.
“There are some criteria as to the type of business that the program will accept, but really as long as it’s owned by the student and not a part of an existing business, the sky is pretty much the limit.”
As part of the training, students will gain skills in sales, marketing, bookkeeping, customer relationship management, and networking.
The program is designed for those who are dedicated and able to put in a full work week on their business in order to meet the 280 hours required for high school students and 420 hours required for post-secondary students.
This is the 18th year for the successful program and in that time it has played an important role for many students across Chatham-Kent.
“Some students just run their business for the summer and take the skills they have learned with them for other scholastic endeavors,” said Montgomery.
“Others discover that their business is a passion that they continue it on after the programs ends. Some even return as Small Business Centre clients where we can help them grow and accelerate their business development.”
The deadline for applications is May 19, 2019, but students are urged to apply soon so they can complete their business plans.
For more information and to apply to the Summer Company program, visit the Small Business Centre website at www.cksmallbusiness.com.
You could be eligible, if you:
– Go to high school, college or university
– Live in Ontario
– Are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
– Are between 15-29 years old (if under 18: a parent or guardian must sign the agreement for the applicant)
– Are not already running a business
– Are not working at another job or going to school for more than 12 hours a week during the program
– Are returning to school after the program ends
– You cannot apply again, if you have received a Summer Company grant in the past.
– If you are on social assistance (Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program) you can still apply to Summer Company. Payments from the program may be exempt as income and assets under social assistance, so your monthly social assistance payment may not be affected.
– Call your local Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program office for more information.
Learn more about Chatham-Kent Economic Development on their website: https://www.chatham-kent.ca/business/economic-development
Chatham-Kent Community Job Board
Chatham-Kent also has a number of jobs available on their Community Job Board, including:
– Bilingual Bid Coordinator at Renaissance Personnel Inc. in Wallaceburg/Sombra
– Boring Mill Operator, Gundrill Operator and Mold/Die Polisher at 1 Source Design Ltd.in Wallaceburg
– General Farm Labour at Burm Farms Ltd. in Wallaceburg
– Industrial Millwright and Summer Students at Accurcast Inc. in Wallaceburg
– HVAC Installer, Service Technician and HVAC Technician Assistant at Arctic Heating & Cooling in Wallaceburg
– Skilled Flat Roof Labourer at Elric Contractors of Wallaceburg Limited.
The full Community Job Board can be seen, here.
Sydenham Current Job Postings
Here are some more jobs opportunities available from some local businesses:
– Task Me is looking for a positive individual with a strong background in construction to join our team. Applicants must have a valid G license. Put your skills to work.. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
– CK Tree Care is looking to add to their team. They are currently hiring an individual to perform groundsman duties. Applicants must have a valid G License. Chainsaw use and a working knowledge of the tree care/ landscape industry is an asset. Join a positive team with an opportunity for a rewarding career. E-mail your resume to email@example.com.
– E.R. Schepens Ltd. is now hiring for the following positions… Certified Millwright, Electrical Apprentice and Fabricator. Proof of credentials will need to be shown and you must have good work ethic! Please submit resumes to the front office or for more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
– McNaughton Family Dental is looking to hire a Certified Dental Assistant. Interested applicants can apply within or by sending resume to email@example.com
– Community Living Wallaceburg is currently looking for a Casual Direct Support Worker to join their team. If you posses a two (2) year community college diploma and/ or university degree in a related field, with work experience in human services, they want to hear from you. Visit: getintocommunityliving.com/employment-opportunities to read the full job description and to learn how to apply.
– Cheney Plumbing is looking for a general labourer. Email resume to cheneyplumb@ iCloud.com
– Big Chief in Wallaceburg is looking for a new team member. The position would be a couple shifts during the day and a couple of nights, that would include some weekends. Both kitchen and counter help. Drop off a dated resume to the restaurant and bring your enthusiasm! Please, no calls.
– The CBD Club is looking to hire a bartender who is personable, able to work all shifts including weekends and has been certified by smart serve. Please drop resume at the bar 1342 Dufferin Ave. in Wallaceburg.