Chatham-Kent Council is set to meet for a regular/planning meeting on Monday night, May 13, 2019.
The meeting is set to begin at 6 p.m. at the Chatham-Kent Civic Centre in Chatham.
A link to the full agenda can be seen, here.
You can watch the meeting LIVE on YourTV Chatham’s YouTube channel, here.
Some of the items up for discussion, include:
– A report on the possible Relocation of Council Chambers to the First Floor of the Civic Centre will be up for discussion. Watch for more on this item on the Sydenham Current.
– A motion by Wallaceburg Councillor Aaron Hall about Construction Site Security will discussed and voted on.
– A motion by Chatham Councillor Marjorie Crew regarding the Theft of Copper and other Metals is on the agenda.
– A motion by East Kent Councillor Steve Pinsonneault about McKinlay Road Improvements will be discussed.
– April Rietdyk, General Manager of Community Human Services, will provide an update and presentation on Ontario Budget 2019 and Implications for Public Health.
– The Leaving Their Mark – Youth Art Initiative by Grade 7 & 9 students from the Lambton-Kent District School Board will be recognized.
– Two planning reports are being recommended for approval: 12758 Smoke Line in Camden and at 813 Queen Street in Chatham.
– A statutory public meeting will be held to discuss an amendment to Water and Wastewater Development Charge By-law 18-2019 and 19-2019 Part 12, Municipal Act 2001.
– Council will receive an information report on Thames River Flooding/Ice Jam.
– Committee reports from the Drainage Board, Committee of Adjustment, CK Plan 2035 Advisory Committee, Chatham-Kent Age Friendly Advisory Committee and the Tilbury BIA.
– Tender award contracts are up for approval, regarding: Single Source – Six Regular Cab Half-Ton Pickups, Municipal Parking Lot Improvements, the Maintenance of Traffic Control Signals and Related Devices and Cabinet and Vanity Replacement at 99 McNaughton Ave. West in Chatham.
– A Request for Proposal Award for the Combined Sewer Investigation Program in Chatham is up for discussion and approval.
– Council will consider staff recommendations for an Offer to Purchase – 67 Adelaide Street South, Chatham, ON
– An application for Removal of the “H” – Holding Symbol PL201900046 – 538863 Ontario Limited on Sleepy Meadow Drive in Blenheim will be voted on.
– A report on Tax Rates 2019 will be discussed.
– The 2019 Cemetery Lifecycle Projects are up for approval, as are the 2019 Building Lifecycle Projects.
– Council will vote on recommendations for the Asset Management Contractor Rosters.
– A Lease Renewal for 35 Talbot Street West in Blenheim to the Canada Post Corporation will be discussed.
– A report on the Chatham-Kent Accessibility Advisory Committee 2018 – 2019 Accessibility Report and Terms of Reference will be up for vote.
– Council will vote on a report regarding the Appointment By-law
– Council will also meet in closed session to discuss: Security of the property of the municipality with regard to Civic Centre Renovations, proposed acquisition of land by the municipality or local board with regard to Rondeau Cottages and the Chatham-Kent Accessibility Advisory Committee 2018 – 2019 Accessibility Report and Terms of Reference.