Foster’s Meats – Morning Coffee
Weather forecast for Monday, May 13, 2019
Today – Mainly cloudy. 70 percent chance of showers changing to 30 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40. High 10. UV index 5 or moderate.
Tonight – Partly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early this evening. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light after midnight. Low plus 5.
Chatham-Kent Council: May 13, 2019 agenda
Chatham-Kent Council is set to meet for a regular/planning meeting on Monday night, May 13, 2019.
The meeting is set to begin at 6 p.m. at the Chatham-Kent Civic Centre in Chatham.
A link to the full agenda can be seen, here.
You can watch the meeting LIVE on YourTV Chatham’s YouTube channel, here.
Some of the items up for discussion, include:
– A report on the possible Relocation of Council Chambers to the First Floor of the Civic Centre will be up for discussion. See below for more details.
– A motion by Wallaceburg Councillor Aaron Hall about Construction Site Security will discussed and voted on.
– A motion by Chatham Councillor Marjorie Crew regarding the Theft of Copper and other Metals is on the agenda.
– A motion by East Kent Councillor Steve Pinsonneault about McKinlay Road Improvements will be discussed.
– April Rietdyk, General Manager of Community Human Services, will provide an update and presentation on Ontario Budget 2019 and Implications for Public Health.
– The Leaving Their Mark – Youth Art Initiative by Grade 7 & 9 students from the Lambton-Kent District School Board will be recognized.
– Two planning reports are being recommended for approval: 12758 Smoke Line in Camden and at 813 Queen Street in Chatham.
– A statutory public meeting will be held to discuss an amendment to Water and Wastewater Development Charge By-law 18-2019 and 19-2019 Part 12, Municipal Act 2001.
– Council will receive an information report on Thames River Flooding/Ice Jam.
– Committee reports from the Drainage Board, Committee of Adjustment, CK Plan 2035 Advisory Committee, Chatham-Kent Age Friendly Advisory Committee and the Tilbury BIA.
– Tender award contracts are up for approval, regarding: Single Source – Six Regular Cab Half-Ton Pickups, Municipal Parking Lot Improvements, the Maintenance of Traffic Control Signals and Related Devices and Cabinet and Vanity Replacement at 99 McNaughton Ave. West in Chatham.
– A Request for Proposal Award for the Combined Sewer Investigation Program in Chatham is up for discussion and approval.
– Council will consider staff recommendations for an Offer to Purchase – 67 Adelaide Street South, Chatham, ON
– An application for Removal of the “H” – Holding Symbol PL201900046 – 538863 Ontario Limited on Sleepy Meadow Drive in Blenheim will be voted on.
– A report on Tax Rates 2019 will be discussed.
– The 2019 Cemetery Lifecycle Projects are up for approval, as are the 2019 Building Lifecycle Projects.
– Council will vote on recommendations for the Asset Management Contractor Rosters.
– A Lease Renewal for 35 Talbot Street West in Blenheim to the Canada Post Corporation will be discussed.
– A report on the Chatham-Kent Accessibility Advisory Committee 2018 – 2019 Accessibility Report and Terms of Reference will be up for vote.
– Council will vote on a report regarding the Appointment By-law
– Council will also meet in closed session to discuss: Security of the property of the municipality with regard to Civic Centre Renovations, proposed acquisition of land by the municipality or local board with regard to Rondeau Cottages and the Chatham-Kent Accessibility Advisory Committee 2018 – 2019 Accessibility Report and Terms of Reference.
Relocation of Council Chambers being proposed
Staff are proposing to relocate the Chatham-Kent Council Chambers to the first floor of the Chatham-Kent Civic Centre.
The estimated $1.5-million project is being recommended in order to “improve the accessibility” of Council Chambers.
Staff is recommending the design and construction to be be incorporated into the overall Civic Centre lifecycle upgrades project, which is pegged at $16.6-million.
“The relocation of Council Chambers to the first floor is the preferred solution as it will improve public and staff security and safety, as well as enhance accessibility, age friendliness and public accommodations,” said Tim Dick, director of drainage, asset and waste management, in a report.
“The remainder of the Civic Centre building also contains significant deficiencies that will be addressed through lifecycle replacement estimated to be $16.6 million over a three year period. This work will address mechanical HVAC replacement, electrical upgrade requirements, energy efficiency improvements, substandard accommodations, building life safety, abatement of designated substances, floor space utilization and all past due lifecycle building upgrades to flooring, windows, ceilings, lighting, washrooms and furnishings.”
Dick added: “The $1.5 million first floor relocation of Council Chambers is an incremental investment to the $16.6 million required for lifecycle upgrades.”
Dick said the renovation or relocation of Council Chambers, together with the Civic Centre lifecycle upgrades, must be managed as one project to optimize efficiencies.
“Therefore, a decision on the relocation of Council Chambers is required at this time to achieve the most cost effective solution for all work,” Dick said in his report.
“It is planned to complete the renovations one floor at a time, using the Park Ave. Business Centre (PABC) second floor areas as a transitional location for relocated departments. During renovations, Council meetings will be moved to alternative community arenas, the Capitol or Kiwanis Theatre, or the Convention Centre.”
Dick said the next step in the process will be to issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) for professional architectural services to complete detailed design drawings and specifications for initiating the project tendering process.
“Once the drawings and specifications are completed, the entire project will be tendered and the results presented to Council for a final approval,” he said.
To read the full report, click here.
China announces tariff hikes on $60 billion of US imports
Google Doodle celebrates pap smear pioneer Georgios Papanikolaou
Felicity Huffman to plead guilty in college cheating scandal
Swedish prosecutors to reopen inquiry into rape allegation against Julian Assange
Murder of Afghan journalist draws global condemnation
Attack on church in Burkina Faso leaves six dead
Twin Peaks actress Peggy Lipton has died
Boxing judge Harold Lederman dead at 79
At least one dead after attack on hotel in Pakistan