Chatham-Kent Council is set to meet for a regular meeting on Monday night, May 27, 2019.
The meeting is set to begin at 6 p.m. at the Chatham-Kent Civic Centre in Chatham.
A link to the full agenda can be seen, here.
You can watch the meeting LIVE on YourTV Chatham’s YouTube channel, here.
Some of the items up for discussion, include:
– A report recommending to replace Chatham Memorial Arena and Erickson Arena with a 2,200 + 200 seat twin pad and an Indoor Multisport Community Centre. Watch for more details about this on the Sydenham Current.
– A report about Chatham-Kent’s Concert Bands, including a recommendation to provide the Wallaceburg Concert Band with over $18,000 in funding. Watch for more on this story on Sydenham Current.
– A Motion by South Kent Councillor Anthony Ceccacci about a Sandbag Program.
– An announcement by the mayor for an Offer to Purchase a property in Harwich.
– A presentation by Lori Marshall, President and CEO, Chatham-Kent Health Alliance about the Chatham-Kent Ontario Health Team.
– Information reports on Provincial Budget Impacts to Chatham-Kent, Ontario Community Housing Renewal Strategy and Funding Allocations, N11 Services Chatham-Kent and an Update on Council Strategy Process to Set Priorities.
– Tender award contracts: Fiber Reinforced Hot-Mix Paving, Supply and Application of Reclamite Preservative Seal, McNaughton Avenue West Improvements in Chatham and Cemetery Road Reconstruction.
– Request for Proposals for: the Tilbury Stormwater Master Plan and the Development of a Corporate Technology Strategic Plan.
– A report on the 2019 Playground Lifecycle Projects.
– A report on the Connecting Links Program Application for the Grand Avenue East Rehabilitation in Chatham.
– A report on the License Agreement with Hydro One Networks Inc. for municipal lands in McGregor/Kinsmen Park in Blenheim and along Chittim Road in Blenheim.
– A presentation by Chantal Perry about the RentSmart: Chatham-Kent Landlord Association and Employment & Social Services Municipal Partnership.
– A report on the Community Navigators – Pilot Project Extension.
– A report on the Ridge Apartments: Wrap Up Report for the Social Infrastructure Fund – Social Housing Improvement Program.
– A report on a Request for Transfer from Senior Services Lifecycle Reserve.
– A report on the Surplus Property Declaration May 2019.
– A report on the Provincial Efficiency Grant.
– Council will also meet in Closed Session for the following reasons: Proposed disposition of land in Merlin, on South Talbot Road, in Dresden and in Wallaceburg.