Chatham-Kent Council is set to meet for a regular/planning meeting on Monday night, July 15, 2019.
The meeting is set to begin at 6 p.m. at the Chatham-Kent Civic Centre in Chatham.
A link to the full agenda can be seen, here.
You can watch the meeting LIVE on YourTV Chatham’s YouTube channel, here.
Some of the items up for discussion, include:
– A presentation of the Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers to Bruce Davidson is set to take place.
– Several planning items will be dealt with, including: Applications for Consent and Zoning By-law Amendments on Huff’s Side Road in Camden, on Scane Road in Howard and on Brock Street in Chatham.
– Peter Zuzek, of Zuzek Inc., will provide an update on the Chatham-Kent Lake Erie Shoreline Study
– Council will receive a report on the Tile Drainage Loan Debenture By-law and Inspection.
– Information reports will be received on the following: 2019/2020 Tile Loan Program Announcement, 2018 International Plowing Match & Rural Expo (IPM) – Financial Update, Information from Chatham-Kent United Way Campaigns.
– Several committee reports are set to be received, including from the: Audit Committee, Chatham-Kent Police Services Board, Chatham-Kent Public Utilities Commission, Chatham-Kent Public Library Board, Blenheim Landfill Liaison Committee, Ridge Landfill Liaison Committee , Historic Downtown BIA, Lower Thames Valley Conservation Authority and the Drainage Board.
– Tender award contracts are being recommended for the following: Road Crack Cleaning and Sealing, Prince Albert Road over Arnold Creek Culvert Replacementin Chatham Townshi, Little John Road over McCollum Drain Culvert Replacement in Orford, Campbell Road over Gahan Drain and 5th Concession Line over Campbell Sideroad Drain Concrete Culvert Replacements in Romney, Ridgetown Public Works Garage.
– Council will vote on a Request for Proposal Award for the Municipal Property Tax Software.
– Council will vote on reports regarding the 2018 Audited Financial Statements and the 2018 Final Operations Variance.
– Council will vote on the Chatham-Kent Council 2018 – 2022 Term of Priorities.
– South Kent Councillor Trevor Thompson will discuss his notice motion about declaring a Climate Emergency in Chatham-Kent.
– Reports on Capital Drains Levying By-law – 2019 Final Tax Levy, Drain Maintenance Levying By-law – 2019 Final Tax Levy
– Council will vote on the 2019 Trails and Active Transportation Lifecycle Projects.
– A report on Encroachment – Greenhouse Services – 2961 Talbot Trail, Wheatley
– Council will vote on a number of recommendations regarding CKTransit Route Enhancements.
– A report on School Zone Speed Limits and Community Safety Zones – Phase 2
– Wallaceburg Councillor Carmen McGregor will discuss her notice of motion about Parking Amendments in Wallaceburg.
– A report on Municipally Significant Events – Clerk’s Delegation.