(Submitted photo)

Firefighters from Stations #16 and #17 responded on Saturday morning, August 10, shortly after 7 a.m. to a report of a structure fire at 7233 Fourteenth Line in Chatham-Kent.

Fire officials say upon arrival, firefighters were met with smoke and flames showing through the window at the front of the house.

“The fire was quickly extinguished by the crews,” fire officials say.

“Followed by checking for any fire extension throughout the home. All people self evacuated prior to fires arrival. There were no injuries. Working smoke alarms were present.”

The cause has been ruled as undtermined, fire officials say.

Chatham-Kent Fire & Emergency Services offers free CHiRP Home Safety Checks.

Firefighters will come to your home check your alarms and chat about fire safety with you and your family.

To request a CHiRP Check call 519-360-1998 or email ckfire@chatham-kent.ca

“Protect your family from fire and carbon monoxide by having working smoke alarms on every level of your home and working CO alarms outside all sleeping areas, if your home has any fuel burning appliances, a fireplace, or an attached garage.”