Chatham-Kent Council met for a regular meeting on Monday night, August 12, 2019.
A link to the full agenda can be seen, here.
Here is a recap of the meeting:
– The 2019 Arena Business Plan was approved.
– A motion by Chatham Councillor Brock McGregor re: Municipal Drug Strategy was approved.
– A motion by Wallaceburg Councillor Carmen McGregor re: United Way Loaned Rep was approved.
– A motion by South Kent Councillor Anthony Ceccacci to create a Municipal Sandbag Program was approved.
– Revisions to Code of Conduct for Members of Council was approved.
– Several planning items, including: Consent and Zoning By-law Amendment applications in South Kent, North Kent, East Kent and West Kent were all approved.
– An information report on the 2018 Use of Contracted Professional Services was approved.
– An information report on the Clearville Park Divestment was sent back to staff to gather more public feedback.
– Routine approvals for Taxes and Assessment Adjusted to June 30, 2019 and Committee Reports from the Drainage Board and CK Plan 2035 Advisory Committee were approved.
– The following tender award contracts were approved: Pool Air Handling Unit Replacement, Blenheim Gable Rees Rotary Pool, Gable Rees Rotary Pool Retractable Roof Repairs, Bridge Replacement Lindsay Road over Little Bear Creek, Community of Chatham Township, New Scotland Line over McDougall Drain Culvert Replacement, Community of Harwichm Replacement of Gleeson Line Bridge over McDougal Drain and Rehabilitation of Gleeson Line Bridge over Government Drain #1, Community of Tilbury Eas, Hyland Drive Extension – Phase 2, Community of Blenheim, Bloomfield Road Storm Sewer and Road Improvements, Community of Chatham, Ebenezer Street Storm Sewer Replacement, Community of Ridgetown, John D. Bradley Centre Roof Replacement and Urban Indigenous Child Care.
– Council approved a report on CKTransit Enhancements – Correction to Previous Recommendations
– 50% Cost sharing – Bridge Rehabilitation – Lambton Line over Sydenham River, Township of Dawn-Euphemia was approved.
– An Encroachment Agreement – 75 Talbot Street West, Blenheim was approved.
– And Encroachment Agreement – Hartley Vidler Memorial Walkway, Erieau was approved. The fee was also waived for the group.
– Municipal Involvement in the Ontario Health Team was given the green light.
– Ontario Heritage Act – Intention to Designate 8800 Talbot Trail, Community of Harwich was approved.
– Citizen Appointment to Committee of Adjustment was approved.
– June 2019 Budget Variance Forecast was approved.
– Full Time Permanent Application Administrator was approved.
– Council also met in closed session to discuss the following: Citizen Appointment to Committee of Adjustment, Superior Court of Justice appeal of the decision of the Election Compliance Audit Committee, the Mitchell’s Bay Park Contract and the property at 508 Richmond Street.