Lambton OPP officials allege: Charges have been laid after an incident on Walpole Island earlier this week.
On August 13, 2019 at approximately 7 a.m. members of the Lambton County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Walpole Island First Nations Police Service, West Region Emergency Response Team (ERT), West Region Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) and West Region Canine Unit (K9) responded to a barricaded person in a residence on Brother Road, Walpole Island First Nations.
After approximately six hours the suspect was arrested without incident.
A 31 years-old Walpole Island First Nation man has been charged with the following, pursuant to the Criminal Code;
– Pointing a Firearm (2 Counts)
– Possession of a Weapon For Dangerous Purpose
– Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order
Uttering Threats – Cause Death or Bodily Harm (2 Counts)
– Fail to Comply with Recognizance
– Fail to Comply with Probation Order
The accused remains in custody pending a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice-Sarnia at a later date.