2 large Eggs (room temperature)
1 mid-sized Chorizo (sliced diagonally)
1 can (400g) of Diced Tomatoes
1 can (400g) of Cannellini Beans or Butter Beans (washed and drained)
1 French Shallot (diced)
2 Garlic Cloves (diced)
1/2 tsp of Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp of Ground Cumin
1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp of Parsley Flakes
1 Tbsp of Ketchup
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
2 Sweet Corns (washed and peeled)
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C (degrees Celsius).
2. In a pan, heat olive oil on medium heat and add in diced garlic and French shallots. Cook until fragrant but careful not to burn them.
3. Add diced tomatoes, cannellini/butter beans, chorizo slices, smoked paprika, ground cumin, cayenne pepper and ketchup. Cook for about 6-8 minutes till it reduces slightly.
4. Turn heat off and add in parsley flakes with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer into individual cazuelas (terracotta dish) or baking dishes. Make a well in the middle and break an egg into each dish.
6. Place each dish into the oven and cook for 8-12 minutes depending on how you want the yolk (oozy or solid). It will take longer to cook if the eggs are straight from the fridge.
7. Place sweet corn in a steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes. It should change to a slightly darker yellow and looking “plump” when cooked.
8. Once the baked eggs are done, take them out of the oven carefully (it’s hot!) and sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh chervil or parsley.