1 teaspoon olive oil
2 ounces pancetta, chopped
1 cup chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups cubed peeled acorn squash
2 cups diced peeled red potato
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
4 cups chopped kale
1 (15.5-ounce) can navy beans or other small white beans, rinsed and drained
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; sauté 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
2. Add squash and next 6 ingredients (squash through thyme), stirring to combine; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add tomatoes; cook 2 minutes.
4. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes. Add kale; simmer 5 minutes.
5. Add beans; simmer 4 minutes or until potato and kale are tender.