Splash Pools Morning Coffee – By Aaron Hall
Happy Family Day everyone!
ICYMI, here is a list of activities that are taking place today:
FREE Family Day Lunch
The Soup Cellar at the Knox Presbyterian Church will be serving free lunches on Family Day, Monday, February 20 from 11:30 a.m.to 1 p.m. Everyone is welcome. Donations are gratefully appreciated.
Activities at the Chatham-Kent Public Library:
FREE Movie at the Capitol Theatre
FREE admission to the Wallaceburg Museum
FREE fishing all weekend
Families and fishing enthusiasts across Ontario can fish licence-free from Saturday, February 18 through Monday, February 20th in celebration of “Ontario Family Fishing Weekend.”
Chatham-Kent officials say Ontario Family Fishing Weekend is a unique opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors and celebrate the history and heritage of fishing.
Chatham-Kent has a number of fishing “hot-spots”, providing many different opportunities for fishers and anglers of every age and skill level, Municipal officials said in a press release.
Whether you’re after the top game fishing location in Canada (Lake Erie) or the shallow, open waters and predictable ice coverage of Mitchell’s Bay and Lake St. Clair, Chatham-Kent has a ron of fishing options this upcoming Family Day weekend.
Visit www.chatham-kent.ca/reelinginexperience for access to year-round fishing information and opportunities in Chatham-Kent.
More detailed information about Ontario Family Fishing Weekend can be found by visiting: https://news.ontario.ca/mnr/en/2017/02/fish-for-free-this-family-day-weekend-1.html?utm_source=ondemand&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p
Family Day Holiday Closings in Chatham-Kent
The following municipal offices/facilities will be CLOSED on Family Day Holiday Monday, February 20, 2017:
• All Community Municipal Centres and Information Desks throughout Chatham-Kent
• Building Development Services
• Licensing Services
• Chatham Cultural Centre Box Office and Administrative Offices
• Health & Family Services Building – offices of Employment & Social Services, Housing Services, Children’s Services and Clinic Services.
• Entegrus. In case of emergencies, customers can call 1-866-804-7325.
• CK Transit services will not be operating
• Economic Development Services and Chatham-Kent Small Business Centre
• Garbage and recycling collection services will be delayed by one day for the entire week of February 20 for all areas receiving curbside collection – refer to your 2017 Residential Recycling and Waste Collection Guide for details
• Harwich Transfer Station and Wallaceburg Transfer Station.
• Park Avenue Business Centre – offices of recreation programs; parks and open spaces; fleet administration and public works administration
• Provincial Offences Court. The office will re-open Tuesday morning at 8:30 but there will be no court on Tuesday or Wednesday due to a Judicial Conference.
• Public Utilities Commission office
• All Public Works garages
OPERATIONAL SERVICES ON FAMILY DAY HOLIDAY
• Arenas are open for regular bookings and a February Free Skate Schedule including Family Day is available at www.chatham-kent.ca
• Cemetery staff will be on call to handle cemetery business for funeral home operations
• The Blenheim Gable Rees Rotary Pool and Wallaceburg Sydenham Pool are offering free Family Swims brought to you by Super Kids CK from 10:30 AM-12:00 PM and 1:00 PM-2:30 PM.
• Public libraries in Chatham-Kent will operating regularly scheduled hours – Chatham, Highgate, Merlin, Ridgetown, Tilbury and Wallaceburg will be open
• Riverview Gardens Long Term Care Home – visiting hours will continue as normal but administrative offices will be closed
• Thames Art Gallery and Chatham-Kent Museum will open 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM on the holiday Monday
• Emergency Services – Police, Fire and Ambulance are operational 24 hours a day every day and are accessible by dialling “911” for emergency calls only
• For more information about municipal services, visit www.chatham-kent.ca or telephone 519-360-1998
Chatham-Kent Health Alliance services on Family Day
Some healthcare services offered at Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (Chatham & Sydenham Campuses) will be altered on Monday, February 20, 2017 in recognition of the Family Day holiday.
Routine X-rays, electrocardiograms (EKG), and ultrasounds will not be available on Monday, February 20, 2017. These departments will be staffed to meet the needs of inpatients and emergencies.
Ambulatory Care Services, Out-Patient Rehabilitation Services, Out-Patient Laboratory Services, Pre-Surgical Screening Services, Diabetes Education Centre, Pulmonary Function Lab, Health Records and Patient Appointment Offices will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017.
The Chatham-Kent Mental Health and Addictions Program Out-Patient Department will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017. For any immediate crisis, please call the crisis line at 1-866-299-7447.
Elston Pharmacy, located at Chatham-Kent Health Alliance, Chatham Campus, will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017.
The Oncology/Chemotherapy Department will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017.
The Business Office and Cashier’s Office will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017. Please note there are two bill changers in the building to accommodate change for coin.
Hemodialysis Care will be open on Monday, February 20, 2017.
The Emergency Departments located at Grand Avenue, Chatham Campus, and Sydenham Campus, Wallaceburg are open 24 hours daily.
If you have a suggestion, story idea, column idea, or if you want to say hello… drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo of the day
Every year Don McGugan, of BMO Nesbitt Burns, makes a donation to a local organization to support his community.
This year, Don made a generous donation of $1,000 to Community Living Wallaceburg.
Through this donation Don will help support over 400 individuals and their families from across Chatham-Kent lead fulfilled lives by enhancing supports and services.
Learn more about how you can help, by visiting http://getintocommunityliving.com/give-back/.
Weather forecast for Monday, February 20, 2017
Today – Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness late this afternoon. High 10. UV index 4 or moderate.
Tonight – Mainly cloudy. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h late this evening. Low plus 4.