Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Grease fire leads to minor injuries

Minor injuries were reported after a grease fire in Blenheim last month.

Chatham-Kent Fire & Emergency Services officials say just after 6:30 p.m. on Sunday February 18 crews from station #18 in Blenheim responded to 21179 Communication Road.

Fire officials say on arrival, firefighters discovered a large and developing fire in the kitchen and immediately called station #12 – Harwich North to assist.

Crews entered the house and completed an interior attacked to prevent the fire from spreading to the rest of the home, fire official say.

Two people escaped with minor injuries.

The home did have working smoke alarms, fire officials say.

A damage estimate was not provided.

The cause has been ruled accidental.

– Photo credit: Chatham-Kent Fire & Emergency Services

- Advertisment -