By Glen Turner – Special to the Sydenham Current
You know you’re getting old when…
– You use A535 and Voltaren more than you use sunscreen.
– Your Doctors look like they’re still in school! They’re so young!
– You don’t just see a ‘Doctor’… because the ones you see end in -ologist.
– You can remember candy cigarettes.
– You remember having a party line, and know what that is!
– You remember metal ice-cube trays.
– You can tell people about milk in glass bottles… delivered to your door!
– You still have many of your old 45 rpm records and LP’s.
– You can remember getting the first TV in your house!
– You can still tell stories about sneaking into the drive-in movies… in the trunk of a car!
– Pop only came in glass bottles.
– You start believing that the change in weather can be diagnosed by your OWN aches and pains.
– You remember what a ‘coal shute’ was. And shoveling it in the basement.
– You can picture the guy with the cart and the bell who came through the neighbourhood sharpening knives, hatchets and axes.
– ‘Home Economics’ class was NOT an option.
Please feel free to add to the list. 😊