Chatham-Kent Council is set to meet for a regular meeting on Monday night, April 29, 2019.
The meeting is set to begin at 6 p.m. at the Chatham-Kent Civic Centre in Chatham.
A link to the full agenda can be seen, here.
You can watch the meeting LIVE on YourTV Chatham’s YouTube channel, here.
Some of the items up for discussion, include:
– Genevieve Sasseville and Wallaceburg’s Madison Broad will be recognized for competing at the Canadian Swimming Trials and earning a spot on the Canadian National Swim Team.
– James Whittaker, Manager, Regional Construction, Southwest Region Operations, Enbridge Gas Inc. re 2020 Windsor Pipeline Replacement Project will provide a deputation.
– Information reports on 2018 International Plowing Match & Rural Expo (IPM) – Update #7: Post Event Summary and Council Meetings in all Wards.
– The Big Pointe Road Highway Dedication in the Community of Dover is up for approval.
– The following tender award contracts are up for approval: The Supply of Materials and Services for Pavement Markings, Hot Mix Resurfacing Program, and Churchill, Devon and Sussex Watermain and Road Improvements.
– A report on the 2018 Investment Report, including a presentation by Douglas S. Berk and Associates.
– A report on the Tax Policy 2019.
– A report on Tax Sale Write-Offs – January 22, 2019 Tender
– A report on a Land Lease – 4388 Talbot Trail, Port Alma
– A report with recommendations to support Retrofest/40th Anniversary RM Classic Cars
– A Community Fire Safety Briefing, which will include a presentation by Chris Case, Operations Chief.
– Recommendations about purchase approvals for employment and case management database
– A motion by South Kent Councillor Trevor Thompson about Affordable Housing Projects.
– A motion by Wallaceburg Councillor Carmen McGregor about Public Health Services.
– A report on the 2019 Outdoor Pool Lifecycle Projects.
– Recommendations to amend the User Fee By-law relating to Salesperson – Door-to-Door Fibre Sales.
– A motion by North Kent Councillor Jamie McGrail about Council Member Appointments – Policy Amendment.
– Several committee reports are up for approval.
– Council will also meet in closed session to discuss potential litigation and advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, about Fifth Street Bridge Construction Delays and WDC Rail.