The Mooretown Flags got off to a flying start in Game #1 of their Provincial Junior Hockey League opening round playoff series with the Dresden Kings on Wednesday, February 12.
The Flags pounded the Kings by a score of 11-1 in Mooretown.
Former Kings forward Dawson Winchester, who was traded to the Flags earlier this season, opened the scoring for Mooretown at the 5:50 mark of the first period.
Tyler Beneteau responded for the Kings less than a minute later with a goal at the 6:25 mark of the first, with assists from Josh Noah and Kenny Chisholm.
The floodgates opened up on the Kings the rest of the way, as Mooretown would go on to score 10 unanswered goals.
Connor Ogg picked up the loss, making 40 saves on 45 shots in 32:44 minutes of action. Aiden Lucyk made 13 saves on 18 shots in 27:16 minutes for Dresden.
Mooretown leads the best-of-seven series 1-0.
Game #2 is Friday night, February 14, in Dresden.
Puck drops at 7:30 p.m.
The rest of the series schedule is as follows:
– Game 3: Saturday, February 15 at 7:30 p.m. in Mooretown.
– Game 4: Monday, February 17 at 8:30 p.m. in Dresden.
– Game 5: Wednesday, February 19 at 8 p.m. in Mooretown, if necessary.
– Game 6: Friday, February 21 at 7:30 p.m. in Dresden, if necessary.
– Game 7: Saturday, February 22 at 7:30 p.m. in Mooretown, if necessary.