As part of the response to the State of Emergency declared yesterday by Mayor Darrin Canniff, the Municipality of Chatham-Kent has put several services in place to assist affected residents.
A Community Support Centre will be opened at the Erieau Fire Hall on Sunday, March 1, 2020 at 9 a.m until 6 p.m. and staffed by municipal officials.
The following services/resources will be made available:
– Case Managers will be available to discuss emergency assistance for evacuees
– Up to 25 moving boxes suitable for packing personal belongings will be made available per home
– Up to 25 empty sand bags per home l be available at McGeachy’s Pond by 9 a.m. but property owners will need to bring their own shovels
– EMS staff on scene to assist for any ongoing health concerns on treatment plans
– Additional emotional support resources
– Coffee/tea and a place to talk
More volunteers are needed to assist residents with packing, transporting, storing belongings and filling sandbags.
If you are interested in volunteering for these or other services, please contact our Customer Service department at 519-360-1998 or email@example.com.