Tonight, Monday, March 23, Chatham-Kent Council will hold its first electronic council meeting.
Municipal officials say starting at 5:45 p.m., a “Special Council Meeting” will begin, which intended to pass amendments to the Procedure By-law permitting Electronic Council meetings. This comes as a result of the Ontario Legislature’s passage of the “The Municipal Emergency Act, 2020.”
The agenda for this special meeting is located, here.
“Following the passing of the amendments, Council will hold its regular meeting at 6 p.m.,” the Municipality of Chatham-Kent posted on social media.
“There are no items to be discussed in Closed Session at this time. The Civic Centre will be closed.”
It will also be located on the Municipality’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MunicCK/ where it can be viewed at any time.
“If the public is interested in having a deputation on any item (including planning items) or questions concerning deputations they are urged to contact the municipality at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Clerk’s office at 519-360-1998 by 3 p.m. today,” Municipal officials say.
“All deputations must be received in writing and in advance for this meeting.”
Wallaceburg Councillor Aaron Hall said Councillors and staff took part in online training and testing over the course of the weekend to prepare for Monday’s meeting.
“It was an excellent process,” Hall said on social media.
“Hats off to our administrative team for working incredibly hard amid this COVID-19 pandemic to make this happen, just days after the Ontario Legislature’s passage of the ‘The Municipal Emergency Act, 2020’ allowing electronic meetings at the Municipal level.”
The full agenda and links to the reports can be found, here.
Here is a list of items on Monday’s Council agenda:
– Information reports on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Status Report, Innovative Housing and the 2019 Statement of Remuneration & Expenses for Elected and Appointed Officials.
– A committee report, which includes minutes from the Budget Committee from its meetings held on January 15, January 28, January 29, and January 30, 2020.
– Tender Award Contract for Cold In-Place Recycling with Expanded Asphalt Material.
– Tender Award for the Deary Drain Improvements – Pump No. 2 in Raleigh.
– Tender Award for Supply and Place Gravel.
– A contract for structure rehabilitation for the Fifth Street Bridge over the Thames River in Chatham .
– A report on CKTransit Vehicle Purchase, 6-metre and 9-metre.
– A report on the lease of farmland at the Chatham-Kent Municipal Airport.
– A report on the 2020 Vehicle and Equipment Replacement List.
– An Application for Site Plan Control by 2436217 Ontario Inc. and 2482418 Ontario Inc. for 545 and 550 Bloomfield Road in Chatham.
– A report on a Purchase of Service Agreement with Kids Connection Daycare.
– A report on Affordable Housing Development – 2020 Ontario Priorities Housing Initiative Year 2 and Municipal Contributions.
– A report on the 2019 Request for Encumbrance Reserve.
– A report on the Together CK Events Grant – 2020 Funding Recommendations.
– A recommendation on Renaming of Two Creeks Trail to the Grant Bowman Trail.
– A report on the Business Improvement Areas – Board of Management Appointments.
– A total of seven planning reports will be voted on by Council.
– A recommendation to appointment Wallaceburg Councillor Aaron Hall to the St. Clair Region Conservation Authority.