CKTransit is reminding ridership that public transit remains in operation for essential travel only.
“Essential travel means riders requiring transit service to get to and from work, or to secure essential goods and services,” Municipal officials said in a media release.
The following service changes come into effect Monday, June 1, 2020:
– CKTransit On-Request Evening Service will resume with reduced capacity and hours between 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Monday to Friday in Chatham. Passengers can visit cktransit.ca/onrequest for information on how to request trips.
– Inter-Urban Routes A, C, and D will return to full service including the 6:45 p.m. departure from the Chatham Terminal.
– Chatham Accessible will return to regular hours of 6:15 a.m. to 7:15 p.m., Monday to Saturday. Sunday service remains suspended.
– Wallaceburg Accessible will return to its regular hours of 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Saturday. Sunday service remains suspended.
– Clean Air Day Transit – Cancelled. Free transit rides will not be offered for Clean Air Day on Wednesday June 3 this year. With social distancing restrictions in place and only 50% of seats available on all buses, our transit services do not have the capacity to allow for additional riders. You can still do your part to celebrate Clean Air Day by spending time outdoors, going for a walk or taking an enjoyable bike ride.
– Seasonal Beach Bus remains suspended.
“Bus operators will be enforcing social distancing measures by limiting capacity,” Municipal officials say.
“Riders are recommended to wear face masks.”
Municipal officials added: “Do not make trips into the community unless it is essential. If you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, stay home. Hand sanitizer dispensers are being installed on vehicles for the use of riders.”
Future notices will be issued through the media, CKTransit.ca, at the Downtown Chatham Terminal, and on transit vehicles.
Up-to-date information may not be available at every shelter.