Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Heat warning, sunny, high 34°C, humidex 43°C

Today – July 9, 2020

Sunny. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High 34 except 30 near Lake Erie. Humidex 43 except 39 near Lake Erie. UV index 10 or very high.

Tonight

Clear. Low 23.

Heat warning

A prolonged period of hot weather will continue through the rest of this week.

Daytime high temperatures in excess of 31 degrees Celsius, with humidex values near forty, are expected. Overnight lows near or in excess of 21 degrees Celsius are also expected through this period, providing little relief from the heat.

A slightly cooler airmass with showers may move into the area late Friday or on the weekend, however there is considerable uncertainty.

Please refer to your public forecast for further details on expected temperatures.

Hot and humid air can also bring deteriorating air quality and can result in the Air Quality Health Index approaching the high risk category.

Extreme heat affects everyone.

The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.

Watch for the effects of heat illness: swelling, rash, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the worsening of some health conditions.

Check on older family, friends and neighbours. Make sure they are cool and drinking water

Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

Fri, 10 Jul – Sunny in the morning and early in the afternoon then a mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. High 30. Humidex 38. Night – Cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. Low 21.

Sat, 11 Jul – Cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. High 31. Night – Cloudy periods with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 21.

Sun, 12 Jul – Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. High 25. Night – Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 20.

Mon, 13 Jul – A mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers. High 30. Night – Cloudy periods with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 20.

Tue, 14 Jul – Sunny. High 32. Night – Clear. Low 22.

Wed, 15 Jul – A mix of sun and cloud. High 33.

- Advertisment -