The Chatham–Kent Museum has announced that they are reopening on Wednesday, September 30 with their ‘Carnivals! Festivals! Fairs! Oh My!’ exhibit that celebrates the fair tradition in Chatham-Kent, from the Jaycee Fair to the Dresden Exhibition.
“We are thrilled to be reopening this exhibit for a limited time after its unexpected closure in March due to COVID-19,” Municipal officials said in a press release.
“Following several weeks of strategizing, our museum team is ready to implement our reopening plan, which offers each visitor a fun, enjoyable, and, most importantly, safe experience.”
Municipal officials added: “We have introduced enhanced safety measures in line with COVID-19 public health guidelines. These include, but are not limited to, new public hours, reduced visitor capacity, timed admission, and enhanced cleaning protocols.
What you need to know
New Public Hours:
– Wednesday to Saturday
– 11 A.M. to 12 P.M. for seniors (65+)
– 12 P.M. to 4 P.M. for the general public
Please be advised:
– You can bring up to nine people with you that are part of your social circle.
– Please arrive no earlier than five minutes prior to your scheduled visit.
– Interactives will be limited and the Imagination Station will remain closed.
– Masks must be worn in accordance with the Chatham-Kent mandatory mask by-law (101-2020), unless a patron is exempted under that by-law.
– The use of hand sanitizer is required prior to entering the exhibit space and exiting.
– By entering, you acknowledge and agree on behalf yourself and those for whom you are a parent or guardian, that as an indoor facility the use of this building may include possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases such as COVID-19, and you freely assumes all such risks.
– Before you visit, we ask that each member of your party complete the Ontario Ministry of Health self-assessment for COVID-19. If you are not feeling well, please reschedule your visit for another day.
To register for your museum visit, visit www.chatham-kent.ca/CKmuseum.