Sunday, October 17, 2021

Multi-day snowfall event expected, rain changing to snow, low -1°C

Special weather statement

Multi-day snowfall event expected today into Wednesday.

Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 20 cm are possible.

Precipitation is expected to begin this morning mainly as rain; however, rain may be mixed with snow at times. Rain is then expected to change to snow this afternoon. Snowfall amounts of 5 to 10 cm are possible by Tuesday morning.

Additional snowfall amounts of 5 to 10 cm are a possibility Tuesday through Wednesday morning,

Strong northwesterly winds gusting near 70 km/h are also possible tonight and Tuesday, particularly near Lake Huron.

Motorists should be prepared for winter driving conditions.

This snowfall is a result of a strengthening low pressure system expected to move through eastern Ontario into Quebec Tuesday into Wednesday.

Precipitation associated with this low pressure system is expected to move east of the area by Wednesday.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

Today – November 30, 2020

Rain changing to snow or rain this afternoon. Local snowfall amount 2 cm. Wind becoming north 30 km/h gusting to 50 this morning. Temperature falling to plus 2 this afternoon.

Tonight

Snow. Snow mixed with rain early this evening. Snowfall amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 1.

Tue, 1 Dec – Snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High plus 1. Night – Cloudy with 60 percent chance of snow. Low zero.

Wed, 2 Dec – A mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of flurries. High plus 5. Night – Clear. Low minus 2.

Thu, 3 Dec – Increasing cloudiness. High plus 3. Night – Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Low plus 1.

Fri, 4 Dec – Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High plus 3. Night – Cloudy with 60 percent chance of rain showers or flurries. Low zero.

Sat, 5 Dec – Cloudy with 60 percent chance of rain showers or flurries. High plus 3. Night – Cloudy periods with 40 percent chance of rain showers or flurries. Low zero.

Sun, 6 Dec – A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 3.

- Advertisment -