HVAC Service Technician
• Represent Arctic Heating and Cooling in a professional, courteous and customer service-
oriented manner on each and every call.
• Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and
residential customers. Diagnose and repair of electronic mechanical and electrical
components of these systems.
• Be available to work weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of
• Maintain good working order of company vehicle including; refueling as necessary,
reporting any mechanical issues. Vehicles should be washed on a regular basis.
• Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in vehicle.
• Understand company pricing and appropriately generate customer invoice at job site.
Obtain customer signature at completion of job. Obtain correct customer information
including email address.
• Document all installed equipment upon arrival; make, model, serial number, type of fuel,
necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
• Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time
and materials expended on work orders.
• Recommend, develop, and perform preventive and general maintenance procedures such
as; cleaning, power-washing and vacuuming equipment, oiling parts, and changing filters.
• Assist with other work in coordination with repair and maintenance teams.
• Diagnosis diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to
manufacture’s recommendations, and fully explain to customer what the issue is and what
is needed to correct the issue.
• Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
• Identify and report to owner, potential opportunities for additional business (newer system,
service contracts, and additional services).
• Two to five years’ experience in installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and correcting
diverse HVAC service issues, would be an asset.
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail, with ability to read and interpret blueprints,
plans, and manuals.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal
• Excellent customer skills.
• Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first
• Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position. Ex. occasional
lifting of 25 kg up to shoulder height, frequent bending, occasional squatting/kneeling,
working at heights, working inside and outside in all types of weather within environments
that can be dusty and/or slippery.
• Must be willing to wear company provided uniform.
• This position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed.
Qualifications and Education
• Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a Gas Technician 2 or 3 license.
• Certificate of qualification (C of Q) as an Air Conditioning Mechanic 313D or 313A.
• Must have a valid Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) Certificate.
• Must have a valid Working at Heights Certificate. (willing to obtain)
• Must have minimum of 2 years HVAC service/water heater service experience.
• Valid Class G Driver’s License
• Clean Criminal Background Check
• Lift up to 50 pounds, be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional
manpower or appropriate devices), carry ladders, work from heights, and in small crawl
• Observe all company procedures and safety rules.
• Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll when required.
• Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction.
Wages: $25.00 – $35.00 per hour
(Group Benefits Available – Drug, Dental, Vision, Extended Health, Life Insurance, AD &
D for employee and their dependents). Signing bonus after 3 months.
We provide all employees with hand sanitizer, gloves and masks to keep them safe during this