Junior Achievement South Western Ontario and Junior Achievement Waterloo Region are teaming up to present “World of Choices: Empowered Women”, a free online conference for female-identifying high school students across the region.
The event runs from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. on March 3, 2021 and features an exciting panel of leaders from various fields, career mentors in breakout sessions, and other innovators and motivators.
“World of Choices: Empowered Women” is also supported by community supporter RBC Foundation and regional partner Business Education Partnership of Waterloo Region.
Students can register for free tickets here: https://hopin.com/events/woc-empowered_women.
“We hope that every young woman in high school will take advantage of this incredible opportunity,” said Bev Robinson, President & CEO of JA South Western Ontario, in a media release.
“It’s so important to see the difference female leaders are making in their fields and gather inspiration from their stories. JA is proud to be hosting this powerful group of women to help energize the leaders of tomorrow.”
Highlights of the event include:
“A Leader in Her Field” Panel with:
– Mandy Rennehan – Blue-Collar CEO™ & Founder, Freshco.ca (not the grocery store!). She is redefining the collar, blue™ to help solve the massive skilled trade shortage in North America.
– Celina Caesar-Chavannes – Business consultant, coach and international speaker. Author of “Can You Hear Me Now?” published by Penguin Random House Canada. Former Member of Parliament for Whitby, Parliamentary Secretary to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Parliamentary Secretary for International Development.
– Carinne Chambers-Saini – CEO and Co-Founder of Diva International Inc., makers of the DivaCup®. Active in 35 countries, over the last three years Diva has experienced double-digit growth. To date, Diva has sold over 6.5million DivaCups worldwide, taking the inner revolution, global.
– Becky Kellar-Duke – RBC Olympian, Ice Hockey. Four-time Olympic Medalist, four-time world champion.
– Julianna Della Costa (Moderator) – Communications and Digital Media Specialist who hosts “Her Defined”, a podcast that focuses on motivated and influential entrepreneurs and businesswomen.
Career Breakout Sessions where students learn more about individual career interests from Mentors in the industry.
Many careers will be covered, but here are a few examples:
– Nikki Noble – Head of Welding, Lambton College
– Elena Favaro Viana – Lawyer for Online Coaches & Entrepreneurs
– Melissa Skrebutenas – Pilot with Air Canada
– Dr. Lisa Porter, PhD – Professor of Biomedical Sciences at the University of Windsor and the Executive Director of WE-SPARK Health Institute
Innovation/Inspiration/Motivation Moments including quick presentations from speakers like:
– Alia Youssef – A portrait and documentary photographer interested in complicating representations of marginalized groups, in particular Canadian Muslim communities.
– Sara Packard – An advocate and teacher of radical self love and emotional well being through eMOTION movement classes, meditation and one on one coaching.
– La Quira Young – A dancer and performer who has danced for major companies including Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line, who spreads light and joy through movement, speech and song.
The evening will be emceed by Vanessa Rempel, creator and founder of Her Stories Co., a social community, and TV Show on Rogers TV that celebrates and supports women and their achievements, by sharing female driven stories.
To learn more about the event, visit: https://www.jacanada.org/event/empowered-women-woc