CK Public Health is inviting several new groups of residents to begin booking COVID-19 vaccination appointments on Thursday May 6 at 8 a.m. online at GetYourShotCK.ca or by calling 519-351-1010 and leaving a message.
Public health officials say the new eligibility categories that can begin booking appointments this Thursday are:
– Individuals age 50+ (Born in 1971 or earlier)
– People who cannot work from home in one of the following occupation categories
– Remaining elementary and secondary school workers (including educators, custodial staff, school bus drivers, administrative staff)
– Workers responding to critical events (including police, fire, special constables, children’s aid society workers, emergency management, critical infrastructure restoration workers)
– Enforcement, inspection and compliance roles (including by-law enforcement, building inspectors, food inspectors, animal welfare inspectors, border inspection officers, labour inspectors, WSIB field workers)
– Remaining individuals working in licensed childcare settings (including all licensees, employees and students on educational placements who interact directly with children in licensed childcare centres and in authorized recreation and skill building programs, licensed home child care and in-home service providers, employees of home child care agencies)
– Foster care agency workers (including customary care providers)
– Food manufacturing and distribution workers
– Agriculture and farm workers
– Funeral, crematorium and cemetery workers
Residents are able to book vaccination appointments at any of the listed clinic dates in Chatham, Blenheim and Wallaceburg scheduled over the coming weeks.
“We know that this past year has been a very challenging and frustrating time and that residents are eager to get the COVID-19 vaccine,” CK Public Health officials said in a media release.
“CK Public Health staff are working very hard to rollout the vaccine efficiently and in line with the Ministry of Health’s vaccination plan. Please be patient, kind and respectful to our staff.”
For the latest COVID-19 vaccination updates, visit: ckphu.com/covid-19-vaccines.