Our events section is sponsored by Wallaceburg Hometown Bingo located at 1416 Dufferin Ave. in Wallaceburg. They have features starting at 7 p.m. – 7 days a week. Buck-or-Two Night is the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month… Cheap Nights are Every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday – .Hometown Bingo reminds you on Remembrance Day, we pay tribute to the men and women of all backgrounds who have served and continue to serve our country during times of war, conflict and peace.
– Remembrance Day activities are taking place in Dresden on Saturday. The Remembrance Day parade forms in the parking lot of Branch 113 at 10:45 a.m. and will proceed to the Cenotaph in downtown Dresden. At 11 a.m., two minutes of silence will be held, and act of remembrance and laying of the wreaths. Later that evening at 6:30 p.m., a Remembrance Banquet is being held at Branch 113. Tickets are $13. Call 519-683-4862 for tickets.
– In Wallaceburg, a Remembrance Day service is being held at Wallaceburg District Secondary School at 9:30 a.m., with the laying of family and business wreaths. At 10:20 a.m. the crowd will march from the high school to the Cenotaph, there will also be a people mover available. At 10:55 a.m., the official service at the Cenotaph will take place with the laying of the Silver Cross and others wreaths, along with government officials speeches and a moment of silence. Following the service, a light lunch will be provided free of charge at Branch 18.
– The Wallaceburg and Dresden libraries, along with downtown businesses, charities, and merchants are partnering to offer a Remembrance Day Walk-A-Story to enjoy throughout your community. Maps are available at the branches until November 15. The story is Who’s that Man? by Marny Duncan-Cary.
– Looking ahead to next week, the Downtown Wallaceburg Holiday Open House is taking place on Thursday, November 16 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Downtown merchants will offer in-store promotions and draws, product samples, plus there will be horse & carriage rides, Christmas carollers, gourmet roasted nuts & hot chocolate bar, a special visit from Santa and his helpers, plus a chance to win up to $250 in BIA bucks.
– Also on November 16, Santa will be stopping by the Wallaceburg Library at 7 p.m. Take some time, make a craft, and read a story – and visit with Santa as the holidays approach.
– The Knights of Pythias are gearing up for the annual Santa Claus Parade in Wallaceburg, which is set to take place on Saturday, November 18, at 2 p.m. The route for the parade will stay the same as previous years starting on Arnold Street, down Dufferin and the downtown core, up Nelson and finishing on Elgin. Register beforehand to take part in the float judging.
– The day gets started at the K of P Hall on November 18 with ‘Breakfast with Santa.’ It starts at 8 a.m. and runs to 11 a.m. Cost is $6 for adults and kids that are 12 and over, children 11 and under are free.
– The Dresden Kings are holding a dinner and dance on November 18 at the Dresden Arena Hall. The event will feature music from the Jessika Rabbitt Band. Tickets are $35, Doors open at 6 p.m. with the dinner running from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m., and it is catered by Burn’s. The dance runs from 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. Call Dave at 519-359-8982 for tickets.
– And finally… a Christmas House Tour hosted by the Catherine McVean Chapter IODE in Dresden is taking place November 19. The event starts at the Dresden Legion and runs from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Cost $15. Six houses are included on the tour, including one decorated by children and one of historical significance. Call 226-972-1818 for more details or to reserve your tickets.