The Sombra Twp. Optimists will be hosting their 10th Anniversary Car Show at Brander Park in Port Lambton on June 21st.
Proceeds will be going towards a number of causes in the community.
“The proceeds from the Car Show are used to support various youth programs in the community,” said Louise Reek, chair of the Sombra Township Optimist Car Show Committee. “We have donated $5,000 to the Brander Park Splash Paid and are donating another $5,000 over a two year period.”
Reek said their group offer bursaries, baby sitting courses and have donated funds to a number of projects, including:
– Erecting the public dock in Port Lambton with the help from Trillium
– $10,000 donation to the Splash Pad in Sombra
– $16,000 donation to the Van Damme Park in Port Lambton
– Donation to the bicycle/skateboard park in Port Lambton
– Bravery Bead program for Children’s Hospital in London, Ontario
– Sponsorship of the Sombra Township Boy Scouts
– Volunteer at the St. Vincent DePaul Can Drive every Christmas plus donate toys
– Financial assistance to the Port Lambton Hall
– Free spring and fall craft classes for ages 5 to 11
Editor’s Note: We provided incorrect information in a previous story about where the funds from the car show were going. We regret the error.