Marc Ralsky, Director, Community & Donor Development of the OSPCA wants to share just a few of the OSPCA’s most important activities. The heart and soul of their work is:
- Sheltering and physical and mental rehabilitation for pets that are abandoned, abused or neglected
- Cruelty investigations
- Emergency rescue and relief
- Reuniting lost pets with their families
- Humane education
- Reducing pet overpopulation including spay/neuter services
- Government and industry advocacy
And in 2012 alone, with the incredible help of the community, the OSPCA :
- Found new, loving & forever homes for over 4,000 cats, almost 2,000 dogs & over 700 other animals
- Investigated more than 16,000 complaints
- Issued 2,473 orders
- Laid 255 Provincial and 41 Criminal charges
- Removed more than 2,000 animals to safety
- You’ll learn more about a lot of this as your welcome continues.
Now, in the spirit of “sniffing around”, the OSPCA is hoping to sniff around you a little bit! The OSPCA has a short survey they would like you to fill out. It will only take a few minutes and will really help them get to know what you care most about. You can also win a monthly prize just for completing the survey! You can link to our simple 4-question survey right here.
Finally, Marc wanted to let you know about an action you can take to show your support to recognize, report and do your part to end animal cruelty. Will you sign our pledge against cruelty today?
Yours for animals we love,
Director, Community and Donor Development