The Chatham-Kent Health Alliance’s Medical Advisory Committee is holding a press conference today (Tuesday, April 26) to present information related to the delivery of emergency care in Chatham-Kent.
“Chatham-Kent Health Alliance’s Medical Advisory Committee, who hold a mandate to make recommendations to the Board based on the best clinical evidence available and its collective judgement on issues of quality and patient safety, is concerned about the current public dialogue and discourse happening with respect to emergency services,” CKHA officials states in a media advisory sent Tuesday morning.
The Medical Advisory Committee will hold the media event this afternoon to provide “accurate information and their clinical expertise” related to emergency services and related issues of quality and patient safety.
“The event will not be a commentary on the position or decisions taken by the boards of directors, nor will it be a presentation on proposed models,” CKHA officials stated.
The following staff are set to be in attendance:
– Dr. Ranjith Chandrasena, Chief of Medical Staff and Chief of Psychiatry
– Dr. Dinesh Nethirasigamani, Chief of Anaesthesia, Interim Chief of Hospitalist Department & Senior Medical Director, Quality
– Dr. Elizabeth Haddad, Chief of Surgery and Senior Medical Director, Performance & Utilizations
– Dr. Quoc Tran, Chief of Internal Medicine
– Dr. Indraneel Ghosh, Chief of Emergency Medicine and Senior Medical Director, Strategy, Access & Flow
The meeting starts at 4:30 p.m.
Watch for coverage on the Sydenham Current.