Chatham-Kent Council met for a regular meeting on Monday night, December 2, 2019.
A link to the full agenda can be seen, here.
Here is a recap of the meeting:
– Jamie Cook, Watson & Associates provided a presentation on Municipal Comprehensive Review Phase 1 Report 25-Year Growth Forecasts, Land Supply and Land Needs Analysis. Council approved the recommendations for staff to look into and encourage growth in the community. An update will be provided in 2020.
– A report on Talbot Trail Temporary Options and Request for Proposal Award: RFP R19-374, Talbot Trail Municipal Class Environmental Assessment in Romney was approved.
– A committee report from the Drainage Board was received.
– A report on Snow Clearing and De-icing at Various Parking Area Locations in Chatham-Kent was approved.
– A report on Janitorial Services Contract Extension – Chatham Court House was approved.
– A report on an Application for Exemption from Part Lot Control – Multi Construction (Chatham) Inc. Clara Crescent in Chatham was approved.
– A report on an Application for Site Plan Control – Howells Holdings Ltd. 875 Richmond Street in Chatham was approved.
– Dave Taylor, Manager Legal Services provided a presentation about Municipal Insurance Renewal 2020. Council approved the recommendations in the report.
– A report on a Request for Service Manager Consent, Clairvue Housing Co-operative Inc. – Financing/Mortgage for New Build was approved.
– A report on a Request for Service Manager Consent, Corporal Henry Miner V.C. Senior Citizens Corporation Loan to Villaview Community Corporation was approved.
– A report on Chatham-Kent Fire and Emergency Services Fleet (CKFES) Rationalization was approved.
– A notice of motion by Chatham Councillor Michael Bondy re: Traffic Lights was withdrawn.
– A report on Reserve Housekeeping was approved.
– A report on 2019 One Time Federal Gas Tax Allocation.
– A report on the Municipal Modernization Program was approved.
– A notice of motion by West Kent Councillor Mark Authier re: Bed and Breakfasts was approved.
– Council met in closed session to discuss the Year End Litigation Report, surplus St. Clair Catholic School Board properties and WDC Rail.