Fire officials say $100,000 damage was caused after a blaze at a residence in Tilbury on Thursday afternoon, May 21.
“Firefighters from station #19 – Tilbury received the call at 3:44 p.m. to a structure fire at 119 Queen Street,” Chatham-Kent Fire and Emergency Services officials said in a media release.
“Upon arrival stations #17 – Merlin and #20 – Wheatley were called to assist. The fire started on front porch and spread quickly into the attic of the home. No injuries and the damage is estimated at $100,000.”
Fire officials say the cause of the blaze has bee ruled accidental.