Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA) in partnership with Chatham-Kent EMS, CK Public Health, Family Health Teams (Chatham-Kent, Thamesview and Tilbury) and the Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres will host a mobile drive-thru COVID-19 testing clinic in Tilbury on July 9 and 10.
Hospital officials say anyone who believes they require a COVID-19 swab test can go this clinic and receive a test.
“This testing initiative will also be available to residents who do not arrive in a vehicle,” CKHA officials said in a press release.
The clinic will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days at Tilbury Arena, 49 Bond Avenue.
CKHA officials say the mobile drive-thru COVID-19 clinic will operate as follows:
– The clinic will take place in the parking lot of the Tilbury Arena. No appointment is needed.
– Signage will direct patients upon arrival for both those who arrive in vehicles and those who do not.
– A staff member will register you while you are in your car. Please bring a valid Ontario health card.
– The health care team will perform the COVID-19 swab test while you are in your car; please remain in your car after you register to receive a test.
– Patients will be sent home with information on self-isolation and how to view their test results online. CK Public Health will call ALL patients who are swabbed at these clinics regardless of their results.
– If heat warnings are in effect on clinic days, out of precaution, please do not bring children and frail adults in cars who are not being tested, as well as pets.
– You do not need to be in a vehicle to attend the clinic. Walk ups are welcome.
CKHA is also reminding the public about the availability of COVID-19 testing at its COVID-19 Assessment Centre located at 47 Emma Street in Chatham.
Hours of operation are between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week.
Please note the last appointment takes place at 4:20 p.m.
“It is recommended that patients book an appointment to be seen in a timely manner,” hospital officials say.
“To access the online booking tool, please visit www.assessmentbooking.ca and complete the online form to schedule an appointment. Before booking an appointment, please make sure you have a valid ‘green’ Ontario health card.”