A drive-by food drive, featuring Santa Claus, is scheduled to take place in Wallaceburg on Saturday, November 28, 2020.
“Can’t go to the Santa Claus parade this year? Don’t worry we got you covered!” organizers said on a Facebook group created for the event.
“We’re going to bring the parade to you. Santa will be travelling around most neighbourhoods.”
The event is set to take place from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Organizers say there are some guidelines being followed to ensure social distancing:
– Everyone attending the drive by parade must practice social distancing.
– Please stand in your yard or street closest to the route and refrain from social gatherings.
– For those who are on streets where parade route does not reach please feel free to use parks or family/friends places within your social circle without large social gatherings.
– We please ask that you give new toys or non perishable food for the Salvation Army and St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank. Please leave your non-perishables and new toys in a grocery bag to be picked up by our volunteers as they drive by.
– Please don’t follow parade, there will be live updates provided on Facebook LIVE and on Wallaceburg’s radio station while enroute through the town.
“We hope everyone will enjoy this day during these challenging times,” organizers say.
“Putting this together for the town has been great and we’d like to thank all the volunteers who helped us put this event together.”
Infrastructure and Engineering Services officials with the Municipality of Chatham-Kent issued a road closure announcement on Wednesday ahead of Saturday’s event.
Municipal officials say various roads and streets throughout Wallaceburg will be impacted.
“Single lane use for slow moving operation, stopping frequently for short periods of time,” Infrastructure and Engineering Services officials stated, adding that there is no detour route.
“Please use caution and expect minor delays.”
Here is a map of the proposed route: