Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Special weather statement, chance of showers, thunderstorm risk, high 28°C, humidex 39°C

Special weather statement

Showers and thunderstorms are moving northeast across the area early this morning. Some of the thunderstorms will contain very heavy downpours giving local rainfall amounts of 20 to 40 mm in an hour or less.

Frequent lightning and wind gusts to near 60 km/h are also associated with some of the strongest thunderstorms.

Motorists should be prepared for sudden very low visibility in heavy downpours, and ponding of water on poorly drained sections of highways.

The thunderstorms will move out of the area later this morning.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

Today – August 10, 2021

Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm late this afternoon. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High 28. Humidex 39. UV index 7 or high.

Tonight

Partly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early this evening. 60 percent chance of showers before morning. Risk of a thunderstorm. Low 23.

Wed, 11 Aug – Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early in the morning. 40 percent chance of showers late in the afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High 26. Humidex 35. UV index 6 or high. Night – Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 24.

Thu, 12 Aug – A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers. High 30. Night – Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 21.

Fri, 13 Aug – A mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers. High 28. Night – Cloudy periods. Low 17.

Sat, 14 Aug – A mix of sun and cloud. High 26. Night – Cloudy periods. Low 14.

Sun, 15 Aug – Sunny. High 26. Night – Clear. Low 14.

Mon, 16 Aug – Sunny. High 27.

- Advertisment -