Lambton OPP officials allege: On December 17, 2021 at a.m., members of the Lambton County Community Street Crimes Unit (CSCU), Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), Canine Unit, Emergency Response Team (ERT) and Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) along with members of the Walpole Island Police Service (WIPS) executed a search warrant at a residence on Tecumseh Road.
A quantity of suspected Fentanyl, Methamphetamine and Cocaine were seized along with a sawed-off shotgun and ammunition.
A 39-year-old Walpole Island First Nation woman and a 34-year-old Walpole Island First Nation man have been charged with the following:
– Possession of a Schedule I Substance For the Purpose of Trafficking (three counts),
– Unauthorized possession of a weapon,
– Unauthorized possession of a firearm,
– Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm,
– Possession of prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition,
– Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order and,
– Possession of firearm, prohibited or restricted weapon obtained by crime.
The 34-year-old man is facing additional charges of:
– Failure to comply with release order (two counts) and,
– Fail to comply with probation order.
The accused have been held in custody following a bail hearing on December 18, 2021.
The search warrant is a result of investigations initiated due to the state of emergency declared by Walpole Island First Nation for the current drug epidemic.
Lambton County OPP continues to work in conjunction with Walpole Police Service to address the opioid-related crisis.
If you have information on this event or any other crime activity in the area, contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or *OPP (677) on your mobile phone.
Your call could make our communities safer for all. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or submit a tip online at www.sarnialambtoncrimestoppers.org where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.