Sarnia Police Service officials allege: The Sarnia Police Vice Unit entered into a drug investigation regarding the trafficking of cocaine, codeine, and oxycodone from a residence in Sarnia.
Vice officers conducted surveillance of the residence a number of times and observed suspected drug transactions that transpired.
Based on the evidence that was gathered a Controlled Drugs and Substance Act search warrant was requested and granted to a residence in the 100 block of Stuart Street.
On May 11, 2022, at approximately 9:05 PM, members of the Sarnia Police Service Vice Unit along with members of the Emergency Response Team executed the search warrant on the Stuart Street residence.
Two suspects were located in the residence and taken into custody without incident.
A search of the residence located drug paraphernalia along with the following:
1) $1535 in Canadian currency
2) 17.11 grams of crystal methamphetamine
3) 236 squares of LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide)
4) 17 bottles of promethazine with codeine
5) 130.75 grams of psilocybin mushrooms (magic mushrooms)
6) 1011 tabs of white Xanax (benzodiazepines)
7) 2059 tabs of yellow Xanax (benzodiazepines)
The total value of drugs seized was valued at approximately $31,000.
As a result of the investigation, a 25-year-old man and 23-year-old man, both of Sarnia, have been charged with five counts Possession of a Controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking.
This investigation is continuing.