A Corunna man is facing a long-list of charges after fleeing from police and allegedly assaulting them during his arrest.
On Tuesday September 1, 2015 at about 2:45 p.m. the Lambton Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) had occasion to observe the driver of a motor vehicle to be committing several traffic violations within the Town of Corunna, Ontario.
Members of the OPP attempted to stop this motor vehicle at which time the driver fled from the OPP in attempt to avoid Police. A short time later the motor vehicle stopped at which time the driver became combative and non- compliant with Police. The OPP Officers were forced to access an appropriate use of force in order to defend themselves and affect the male’s arrest which proved successful. Neither of the Officers nor the offending male has reported any injuries.
As a result of this investigation, a 37 year old male of Corunna, Ontario has been charged with allegedly committing the offences of:
– HTA 144(18) Red light – fail to stop
– CC 249.1(1) Flight while Pursued by Peace Officer
– CC 249(1) (a) Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle
– CC 733.1(1) Fail to Comply with Probation Order
– CC 270.01(1) (a) Assault a Peace Officer with a weapon
– CC 270(1) (b) Assault with intent to resist arrest
– CC 88 Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
Subsequently, the male was detained and is currently awaiting a Bail Hearing scheduled for today at the Sarnia Court House.