3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
1-1/4 cups Large Oats
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 package (1/4 oz.) quick-rising yeast
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup Large Flake Oats
1. For pretzels, combine 2 cups flour, oats, sugar, yeast and salt in large bowl; mix well. Heat milk and water until very warm (120°F to 130°F); add margarine. Add to flour mixture.
2. Blend at low speed on electric mixer until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough that pulls away from sides of bowl.
3. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes, adding additional flour if dough is sticky. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let dough rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or lightly spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
4. Divide dough into 24 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 12-inch long rope; form into pretzel, letter or number shape. Place pretzels on baking sheet.
5. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rest 10 minutes or until slightly risen.
6. Brush tops of pretzel with beaten egg; sprinkle with oats, pressing lightly.
7. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. (If baking both baking sheets at one time, rotate sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking time.)
8. Remove from baking sheets; cool on wire rack. Store tightly covered at room temperature.