The Government of Canada and Government of Ontario are taking action to help Ontario food and agri-product exporters pursue new markets.
Effective today, the Ontario government will accept applications for the Market Access Initiative, a new cost-share funding initiative open to all Ontario food and agri-product exporters to assist them in accessing new markets. The Market Access Initiative will assist with diversification projects and is supported through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership).
Through the Market Access Initiative, sector organizations and businesses can apply for cost-share support for eligible activities that diversify markets for Ontario food products. Eligible projects will include activities such as developing plans to access new international or domestic markets and engaging in new marketing activities to achieve this outcome.
To date, both the federal and Ontario governments have committed cost-share support to more than 2,000 projects through the Partnership to help eligible farmers, processors, other businesses and sector organizations innovate and grow.
- The Market Access Initiative will be delivered by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs. For more information or to access the program materials and applications forms, visit the web site today, or call 1-877-424-1300.
- The Market Access Initiative application intake will review applications as received and remain open until funding budgeted for the initiative is no longer available.
- Ontario offers additional Market Development programming under the Place to Grow: Agri-Food Innovation Initiative which may be more appropriate for some potential applicants. The first intake for the Place to Grow: Agri-Food Innovation Initiative is available from August 15th, 2019 to September 27th, 2019.
- The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a five-year, $3-billion commitment by Canada’s federal, provincial and territorial governments that supports Canada’s agri-food and agri-products sectors.
- The Partnership’s priority areas are: