Chatham-Kent Council met for a regular/planning meeting on Monday night, February 10, 2020.
A link to the full agenda can be seen, here.
Here is a recap of the meeting:
– A report on the Chatham-Kent Council Growth Strategy was approved. Watch for more details.
– North Kent Councillor Jamie McGrail entered a successful motion to advocate for Bill 156: Security from Trespass and Protecting Food Safety Act. Watch for more details.
– Chatham Councillor Brock McGregor entered a notice of motion for administration to proceed with the installation of a pedestrian activated cross walk in front of the Village on the Thames property at a estimated cost of $60,000 to be funded from strategic reserves.
– A report and recommendations related to Street Light Pole Reserve Transfer – McNaughton Ave. in Wallaceburg was approved.
– A motion by Councillor Marjorie Crew re: Public Service Requests was approved as amended.
– A motion by South Kent Councillor Trevor Thompson re: Support of Conservation Authorities was approved.
– A motion by West Kent Councillor Mark Authier re: Emergency Notification System was approved.
– A motion by Councillor Anthony Ceccacci re: Blenheim Business Park was approved.
– The Campbell Family Farm were recognized for receiving the 2019 BMO Ontario Farm Family Award at the 2019 IPM.
– In planning, Council approved applications for consent and zoning by-law amendments by Dresden Ready-Mix Ltd. for a property located at 1225 Wellington Street in Dresden.
– Also in the planning portion of the meeting, Council approved an application for a zoning by-law amendment by CKSL Development Ltd. for a property located on Lansdowne Avenue in Chatham.
– A road closing at Bradley Farms Limited in Dover was approved.
– A report on the Tile Drainage Loan Debenture By-law and Inspection was approved.
– Council received information reports on the 2019 Information and Privacy Commissioner Statistical Report, Canada-Ontario Housing Benefit Program Funding Allocation Announced and an agreement with Robert Piroli and 1544951 Ontario Inc. re: apartment building.
– Committee reports were received, including: Chatham-Kent Police Services minutes from its meeting held on December 10, 2019, Committee of Adjustment minutes from its meeting held on December 19, 2019, Municipal Heritage Committee minutes from its meeting held on November 20, 2019, Chatham-Kent Accessibility Advisory Committee minutes from its meeting held on November 19, 2019, Wheatley BIA minutes for its meetings held in 2019.
– Council meeting minutes from January 13 and 14, 2020 were approved.
– A request for proposal award: RFP R19-399 Consulting Engineering Services for the Rehabilitation of the Clachan Road Bridge (Bothwell Bridge) over the Thames River in the Community of Orford was approved.
– A report on Sole Source – Teranet Inc. OPMA Ownership Mapping Data and Products was approved.
– A report on Reduced Load and Class B Highway By-law Amendments was approved.
– A report on Residential Building Permit Fees was approved.
– A report on St. Clair Catholic District School Board – Surplus Properties was approved,
– The 2019 Integrity Commissioner Report was received.
– A report on Staff Appointment By-laws was approved.
– A report on Amending Contractual Appointment By-law was approved.
– Council also met in closed session to discuss the following items: a citizen appointment to the Municipal Heritage Committee, an appointment to the CK Plan 2035 Advisory Committee, labour relations with regard to Fire and Emergency Services and litigation affecting the municipality with regard to litigation involving a member of Council.